Thursday, January 21, 2010

Winter Term, Day Fifteen: Taco Night II


This is what my foyer looks like when there are a dozen people here.

I have a panini press that I purchased for two dollar during the Oberlin yard sale day, and I have gotten so much use out of it. Today I made a version of Sandhya's Decafe sandwich: wheat bread with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sweet chili sauce, swiss, provolone, spinach and salt and pepper, grilled, with two pickles on the side. I ate one of the pickles before I took the picture, though.



Another taco night has exploded in my kitchen... there were actually too many people to sit around the table and Chris and I had tiny-table-taco-night at the small table I got at the free store earlier this year.

Taco Night was brought to you by:

Roasted red pepper and corn soup with homemade corn stock (vegan and non-vegan) by me
Spiced ground beef by Eliza
Sauteed onions and peppers by Amanda
Fresh Salsa by Sir Jamie
Tortillas, hand rolled by Lilly and Lady Jamie
Margarita cookies by Jessie
Black beans and rice
Sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese, lime, and spinach as additional toppings

Eli, Mike, Michael, Yoshi and Chris joined us for dinner, and a personal taco was delivered to Sean, who is sadly sick.





No comments: